Share this on Facebook
download .zip with all pictures
**RECIPE FORMATTED FOR EASIER VIEWING**
* 500 grams minced lamb
* 500 grams tomatoes, finely chopped
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper
* 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon allspice
* 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (optional)
* 7 to 8 thick loaves pita bread
1. Place meat, tomatoes (with their juice unless you use thin pita bread), onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cinnamon, red pepper, pomegranate molasses, all spice, black pepper and salt into a medium bowl. Mix all ingredients very well.
2. Spread 2 to 3 tablespoon of the mixture into each pita loaf (right before baking to get crispy Arayes). Grease both sides of each loaf with about 1 to 2 tablespoon of olive oil. And then cut it into quarters.
3. Arrange Arayes in oven tray and bake them in a preheated oven on a low temperature (160c) until they become slightly brown or golden. Flip them to the other side for more crispness. Serve hot with fresh Greek yogurt and green olives.